Label buttons - one more time

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Thu Feb 18 02:00:20 CET 2010

Am Wednesday 17 February 2010 schrieb Leo Franchi:
> I agree very much with this point. Various times i've wanted to quit
> amarok (I have "resume playing on startup" on) and have it *not* start
> playing a song. But as there is no way to "reset" amarok right now in
> the toolbar, i've  been forced to do various hackish things so that
> the song doesn't resume.

That's actually different from Thomas' problem as you want to impact the state
on the next startup, and not just reset the position now.

AND: this is harder to achief :-\

Amarok does not quit on the window close button, but either on
- menubar entry
- session end (sigkill?)

menubar entry is pretty easy to do:
"Stop & Quit" or "Quit & Resume on start"

controlling the behaviour on session end is however a different thing.
the only "solutions" w/o an explicit signal that i could imagine are:
- heuristics on the track position (e.g. < 20secs ->restart, resume otherwise)
- heuristics on lag ( > 5h -> restart)
- explicitly ask (has the advance that the user does not have to predict)
- a combination of the above :-\

--
No offense, but what exactly is the point on "resume on start"?
I mean, i can image it makes a lot of sense on audiobooks, but i'd rather not

-> shouldn't this feature rather be genre dependent? (just asking ... )

Thomas