Toolbar Request/Idea

Casey Link unnamedrambler at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 16:16:39 CET 2010

>  namely expand a compound progress bar
> (averaging the progress of all running jobs) to show the individual
> jobs and be able to stop them individually.

Bart is nursing an idea that will take care of this problem by putting
detailed progress information like that in a browser, he explains it
much better than I do. I don't want to turn anyone off to it until
Bart can explain it.

However I do not want to de-rail this thread... Bart could you please
explain it in a ML new thread?

Thomas: But yea, if you can brainstorm a way to neatly show multiple
simultaneous jobs, that would be super.

> So far I have been against most
> attempts to remove the statusbar, simply because as far as I am
> concerned, no one has come up with a viable alternative for the
> compound progress bar.

Hopefully, that is what this discussion will produce: a viable alternative.

Casey