Playlist tooltips, yet again

Oleksandr Khayrullin saniokh at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 00:14:09 CET 2010

Hi everybody.

I'm from the IUP ISI Amarok Team. We are currently developping, among other
things (namely the Similar Artists and Upcoming Events applets) , the
not-so-well-received feature that introduces tooltips in playlists.

Relying on advice by Nikolaj Hald Nielsen, we plan to change this feature.
But considering the little time we have left to spend on the project (we are
supposed to be done by the end of March) and the general reaction to the
feature so far, we figured it would be much safer to show you two mockups
first.

The option to turn it on and off will be moved to the playlist layout
configuration:

http://imagebin.ca/view/F28UFzO.html

Texts will be replaced by icons and the redundant info will be gone:

http://imagebin.ca/view/WO8_XpT1.html

That pretty much covers it. We are open to suggestions, but, as mentioned
above, not for long ;) .

Best regards.

Oleksandr Khayrullin
The IUP ISI Amarok Team