Label buttons - one more time

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Sun Feb 14 17:28:48 CET 2010

Am Sunday 14 February 2010 schrieb Jeff Mitchell:
> with some coworkers about this a while back, who pointed out to me that
> the Play/Pause button in iTunes is very inconsistent with different
This is known (told to be pointed at fosdem) and on the TODO list.

Basically some streams simply can't resume.
In this case the button should indicate "STOP" while playing, not "PAUSE"

This is (imho) far better than presenting a Pause button that does either
nothing or not what it suggests (but in fact Stops, so you cannot resume)

What's required (from my side / to figure) is how to know about this
capability (afaik this only affects streams, but e.g. NOT last.fm and probably
some others)

Cheers