Proposal: Marking "Work In Progress" explicitly

Maximilian Kossick maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 11 15:52:19 CET 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Nikolaj Hald Nielsen
<nhnfreespirit at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Anyway, if people are so forgetful that they would forget about
>> removing this header, would they also forget about getting dressed in
>> the morning?
>
> Based on the number of orphaned FIXME: comments in the code (for fun,
> try grepping for it) the answer is a definite YES!

Or use the nifty open issue scanner on our CI server. Which finds 450
issues (not just FIXMEs, but also various TODOs and HACKs)

Anyway, I think reading kde-commit mails is a better way to catch
those mistakes. And more comments explaining *why* code is there. If
that happened last night I can guess which commit you are referring
too, and I did not see any comments explaining the code.

Cheers, Max