[Amarok] rtl awareness, bg gradient, prev/next watermarks +

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Tue Feb 9 17:56:43 CET 2010

Am Tuesday 09 February 2010 schrieb Jakob Kummerow:
> > - The hook shape allows them to stay close to the label (even if short)
> > w/o interfering with the slider or timelabels.
>
> You sure about this?
> http://imagebin.ca/view/wgAtSba.html
Wow, the moodbar looks like some weird first knit attempt =D
But yes, i forgot that it's longer and covers the watermarks then...
(Seriously, we should do sth. about the moodbar later on - independent from
all this)

->
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/1531/amarokarrows3.jpg
(It's a less "complex" variant of the "Klingon" icons that enrico used in his
mock. The detail outline is not helpfull at this size)

As for putting buttonesque icons (in contrast to watermarks) to the very outer
edges, please see what i said about eye catchers and misusage.

If a sulotion w/o skip _buttons_ is entirely not acceptable we (..you..)
should be honest and say that breaking conventions is not in the cards and
make them:
- either real fullsize icons (dropping labels or put them in tooltips...) or
- or tiny icons but next to the play/pause button (dropping labels), or
- if it's more about "i don't care about the icon, but i can't click plain
labels" make the labels buttons and kick sliding stuff.

Walk on the left side of the street or the right side, but not in the middle.

(Personally) I oppose any half baked solution that will provide you (visually)
redundant interface elements and I heavily object splitting the (apparent)
interface (i.e. spreading tiny player control icons across the window)

Sorry,
Thomas