[Amarok] rtl awareness, bg gradient, prev/next watermarks +

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Mon Feb 8 21:27:16 CET 2010

Am Monday 08 February 2010 schrieb Téo Mrnjavac:

> Did you try with a slightly colored gradient maybe, or another pattern?
I've tried a lot of things ;-) and they basically all fail on esp. the oxygen
style It has a strong top light glow, why i e.g. had to make the gradient
_really_ translucent, otherwise everything looks out of place.

Sunken gradients didn't work for similar reasons as they either break the
light model or just flatten that area (compensating the light)

Personally i prefer color manipulation (in particular invasion...) but that's
not the point :-)

I think the main goal is to set the toolbar away from the lower area and this
will always look dull as long as those rounded frames remain.
(have a look at the top of the splitters, they trigger little jumps bedcause
of the rounded adjacent area)

What could (or rather should) be done is to invoke the bg color (the gradient
runs to black what triggers the metallic look in leo's shot)

Thomas