Show in Media sources

Louis BAYLE louis.bayle at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 16:29:06 CET 2010

Hi,
I would like to open a discussion about the "Show in Media sources"
feature which replaces the "move to trash" button.

I'm sorry but this solution does not work in many cases:

1) if the file is not yet in the collection, you won't find it.

2) if artist:"" AND album:"" you won't find it.

3) once the folder is open, you may have 100 files in it,
and as the file is not 'selected' in the list, it takes
a very long time before you find it.

4) if you get files from friends using iTunes, you'll have
many files with strange names like 01__05_05_05.mp3
if the file is not selected, you'll never find it.

So if you want to do a simple action like "Move to trash",
in many cases you won't be able to do it with Amarok.
Sad isn't it ?

Suggestions:
- the file search criteria must be the filename, not the tags.
- once the folder is open, the file must be selected in the list.

Of course I had a look to AmarokURL, AmarokUrlHandler, and
NavigationUrlRunner: it looks like a lot of things need
to be changed to do it.
I'm not going to spend time on it if at the end you don't accept
the changes, so what do you think ?

best regards,
Louis