playlist tooltips

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 09:16:54 CET 2010

> I very much like this idea. Let's call them inline tooltips because
> the information of the playlist row is extended with the tooltip
> overlay with that same layout as a full row.
>
> Perhaps something for a weekend in the cabin?

I'ts definitely doable, the code for the inline playback controls
already does something very similar. I just wonder if playlist items
resizing themselves all the time would not get very confusing.
Remember that it will visually affect not just the item being resized,
but all following items will get moved as well. At the very least
there should be enough of a delay before triggering it that just
moving the mouse down through the playlist does not cause things to
jump all over the place.

- Nikolaj