Better string needed for Amarok's unified view mode

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Tue Feb 2 22:47:09 CET 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 22:47, Thomas Pfeiffer <colomar at autistici.org> wrote:
>> We have this string in the collection browser: "Toggle unified view
>> mode" It's to enable the view that contains tracks from all
>> collections. We used to call this "Flat View" I think.
>>
>> Right now I'm adding something similar to the Podcast category and
>> later I'll do the same with the Saved Playlists.
>>
>> I think we need a better string:
>> - For one if we use QAction::setCheckable( true ) we get checkbox for
>> free, scratch the "Toggle"
>> - second: "unified view mode" sounds complicated. We should be able to
>> find something most people will understand instantly.
>>
> Why not just "Show tracks from all collections"?
> Or if that's too long "Show all tracks"?
>
> With the checkbox those strings would work because there is no need for a "un-
> show"-String.

Not good I think. Since we already show all track, just not in one
conveniently grouped format.

Also I would like to use the same, or at least similar string for the
playlists. We can't speak about collections since PlaylistsProviders
and collections are not the same thing nor need there be a
correlation. Talking about collections would be confusing then right?