Queue Manager

furt at gmx.de furt at gmx.de
Mon Feb 1 02:06:07 CET 2010

Hello,

I just started work on a Queue Manager for Amarok 2. What I have so far is a
very basic read-only Queue View Applet for the context view and a bunch of
questions.

First of all, is there already some ongoing work concerning the queue manager?
If not, is there interest in adding one? I'll implement one anyway, because I
personally need one, but if there is general interest, we should sync our
plans, so the community can benefit from my work.

Concerning the actual implementation: currently I use a very basic approach by
simply polling TrackNavigator::queue() from within a QueueEngine and
subscribing to the QueueEngine from a QueueManager context applet. To be able
to access the queue from within the QueueEngine I had to AMAROK_EXPORT the
class TrackNavigator, but probably it would be better to create an observer
pattern like a separate TrackQueue-class and a TrackQueueObserver. What do you
think about this approach?

Please note that today was the first time I had a look at the source of Amarok
and at KDE applications in general, so if you think there is a better
approach, don't hesitate to tell me.

Cheers,
Marius