Release of libmygpo-qt 1.0 Beta (v0.9)

Stefan Derkits stefan at derkits.at
Fri Dec 24 12:23:53 CET 2010

Dear gPodder & Amarok Community,

we are proud to announce the first Beta of libmygpo-qt.
This Version is feature complete, which means that every Feature of the
gpodder.net API is available via libmygpo-qt

You can download the Tarball here:
http://stefan.derkits.at/files/libmygpo-qt/libmygpo-qt.0.9.tar.gz
or you can check our Git Repo at:
https://github.com/ase23/libmygpo-qt

Due to the Fact that we are now Feature Complete we wish for many many
Testers of this Library, as we are in the Process of starting the
Integration of gpodder into Amarok and wanna get a stable libmygpo-qt
v1.0 Release into diverse Repositories of Linux Distributions.
Any Help & Advice on this is very welcome ;)

If you didn't read the last Release Messages or are wondering what
gpodder has to do with Amarok, below you again find all the Infos.

Merry Christmas,
Stefan, Christian & Felix

P.S.: Anyone interested in using our Lib to make a Mobile Client for
Symbian^3/MeeGo with Qt/QML to win the "Qtest Mobile App Port" Contest?

- --- Info about libmygpo-qt ---

What is libmygpo-qt?

libmygpo-qt is a Qt/C++ Library wrapping the gPodder.net Webservice. We
are working on it as part of a University Course & it will be used in
one of the next Versions of Amarok when we integrate the gPodder
Webservice into Amarok.
Also it will maybe one Day be used to create a gPodder Client for
MeeGo/Symbian ;)

What is gpodder.net?

gpodder.net is a Webservice, that can be used for Podcast Discovery
(Search, Toplists, Tags, ...) and Subscription/Synchronization of
Podcasts & Podcast Status Synchronization.

You can find a Proposal of the gpodder Integration (to which we will
mostly stick) into Amarok here:
http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Proposals/GPodderNet

Some Important Links for libmygpo-qt:

Git Repo: https://github.com/ase23/libmygpo-qt