Regression alert: Random freezing/crashing

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sat Dec 18 16:14:29 CET 2010

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Marius <rara at quantentunnel.de> wrote:
>> Heya,
>>
>> on Friday 17 December 2010 23:37 Marius <rara at quantentunnel.de> wrote:
>>> Heya,
>>>
>>> on Friday 17 December 2010 10:45 Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org>

>> git bisect says the freeze was introduced by Bart's commit
>> 9ab7462612680caa5af99285aca0b8b186ac893e (Implement metadataChanged() to keep
>> the view from resetting)
>
> Wow, thanks a lot for the work.
>
> Bart, any ideas on this?

Incidentally, it just happened again here. Debug output:

amarok: BEGIN: void EngineController::slotAboutToFinish()
amarok:   [EngineController] Track finished completely, updating statistics
amarok:   BEGIN: void ScrobblerAdapter::trackMetadataChanged(Meta::TrackPtr)
amarok:   END__: void
ScrobblerAdapter::trackMetadataChanged(Meta::TrackPtr) [Took: 0s]
amarok:   BEGIN: void OSDWidget::show(const QString&, QImage)
amarok:   END__: void OSDWidget::show(const QString&, QImage) [Took: 0.013s]
amarok:   BEGIN: void Context::ContextView::slotMetadataChanged(Meta::TrackPtr)
amarok:     BEGIN: bool EngineController::isStream()
amarok:     END__: bool EngineController::isStream() [Took: 0s]
amarok:   END__: void
Context::ContextView::slotMetadataChanged(Meta::TrackPtr) [Took: 0s]
amarok:   BEGIN: void PhotosEngine::update(bool)
amarok:     [PhotosEngine] artist name unchanged
amarok:   END__: void PhotosEngine::update(bool) [Took: 0s]
amarok:   BEGIN: void LyricsAppletPrivate::_trackDataChanged(Meta::TrackPtr)
amarok:   END__: void
LyricsAppletPrivate::_trackDataChanged(Meta::TrackPtr) [Took: 0s]
amarok:   BEGIN: virtual void Playlist::Model::metadataChanged(Meta::TrackPtr)
amarok:     BEGIN: void StatusBar::updateTotalPlaylistLength()
amarok:     END__: void StatusBar::updateTotalPlaylistLength() [Took: 0s]
amarok:     [Playlist::Model] Metadata updated for track "Going Wrong
(with Dj Shah feat. Chris Jones)"
amarok:   END__: virtual void
Playlist::Model::metadataChanged(Meta::TrackPtr) [Took: 0s]

[...hangs]

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer, Software Engineer at KO GmbH