Regression alert: Random freezing/crashing

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Fri Dec 17 10:45:37 CET 2010

Ahoy,

several users (including me) have seen an issue in Git Master:

Amarok would randomly freeze, or crash completely, while doing normal
playback. For me, the debug output always indicates that it happens
inside one of our applets. The error message is very bizarre.

Something like: "QPixmap cannot be used without initializing
QApplication. Fatal Error."

Also, I'm getting tons of warnings from QPixmapCache. Possibly related?

If anyone can reproduce this, please send debug output and backtrace here,
thanks!

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer, Software Engineer at KO GmbH