Bite-sized Amarok projects

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Mon Aug 30 21:44:03 CEST 2010

Hey,

So as some of you know  had some French university students working on
Amarok last year, through a program that Kevin  Ottens(metalworker
extroardinaire) runs. This year we're looking to do it again, and I'm
collecting potential project ideas. Last year the students wrote the
Similar Artists and Upcoming Events applets, as well as the playlist
tooltip feature.

If anyone has anything they'd like to propose to the students, some
somewhat-self-contained projects that can be accomplished in 3-4
months by a team of 2-4 students, let me know ASAP. A good example
would be adding playlist support to services in the Playlists
framework (so you can see your lastfm/ampache playlists) for example.

I'll be sending off our ideas in a day or so, so be quick :)

cheers,
leo