Amarok Dokumentation issues

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 03:29:51 CEST 2010

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 12:09 PM, Burkhard Lück <lueck at hube-lueck.de> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 10. August 2010, um 06:59:01 schrieb Valorie Zimmerman:

>> > You find the english documentation in
>> > trunk/extragear/multimedia/doc/amarok/ now and the translated docbooks
>> > later in trunk/l10n-
>> > kde4/[lang]/docs/extragear-multimedia/amarok/.

>> > Commited with r1161083

>> > That would be great.
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Burkhard Lück
>>
>> Sorry I missed this until too late. I have a Quick Start guide pretty
>> much 100% ready, only waiting on some feedback from the devels. I
>> should have asked again for this feedback earlier, and failed to do
>> so.
>>
>> I would still like feedback however, so that we can get this in as
>> soon as possible. I'll take another look at what's in Userbase as
>> well.
>>
> Hi Valorie,
>
> where can I find your Quick Start guide and how do you want to integrate that
> and where?
>
> Does it make sense to add that to the scn docbooks?
>
> --
> Burkhard Lück

The Quick Start Guide is now at http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/QuickStartGuide

We're not quite ready to have it translated, but will soon be! We
intend it to be the start of the Handbook. Certainly when we are done
it will need to be docbooked. And I'm willing to help with that if
necessary -- I used to use Wordstar, and know HTML markup. Docbook
markup sounds very logical, if not easy.

Please give us any feedback about how we can provide the best Handbook
possible. All of us are amateurs.

Valorie