[Amarok] 57e87dc Fix Dynamic Collections.

Maximilian Kossick maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 10 13:24:29 CEST 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Jeff Mitchell <mitchell at kde.org> wrote:
> On 08/09/2010 10:40 AM, Maximilian Kossick wrote:
>> Please check if UrlUpdateJob in MountPointManager.cpp has to be
>> reenabled. It might not be necessary, as statistics and labels now use
>> a FK on the urls tables, but please make sure that the deviceid/rpath
>> pair in the urls table gets updated.
>
> ...gets updated...when?

During a rescan. The urls table is not deleted during a full rescan.
If for some reason Amarok determines a different deviceid/rpath
combination for a file during a rescan (I guess this is relevant for
both full and incremental scan), it needs to be ensured that the file
is linked to the entry in the urls table that has the same absolute
path (which is not stored, you'd need to calculate it on the fly)
Otherwise you'd create a new row in the urls table for that track, and
it would not be associated to its statistics or labels anymore.

it is very likely that AFT takes care of this issue already, but it
should be investigated.

During A1, this was a major issue as the KDE3 device abstraction layer
was unreliable. It might be less of an issue now.