Bug statistics

Sven Krohlas sven at asbest-online.de
Fri Apr 30 15:16:42 CEST 2010

Heya,

> Are you sure we have not more regressions and release blockers? The
> overall bug count is up by +54 since I stopped triaging, so either you
> have a bazillion of dupes or something is wrong in your figures...

our Bugzilla is currenly a mess and will still take months to get into
a good state, if that will ever be possible at all.
We have so called "release blockers" that acually have been known at
release time of releases. So per definition those can't be release
blockers.

Also we set targets quite wildly, nearly no one can hold those dates.

other problems:
* bug reusage: bugs for one issue evolve into another one
* one issue per bug: we often have reports that cover several isues

> Counting all bugs and wishes with the NEEDSINFO, it went up from 672
> reports to 755 reports this morning, which is +83 in my count. Don't
> be fooled on the NEEDSINFO ones, those are by no means closed and
> still need triaging, be it only to check the info provided by the
> reporters.

well, if the reporters don't respond after some months I'm sinply going
to mass-close those. Up to then they don't show up in my queries.

> I don't think anybody had a look at it in 6 weeks. From
> what I can see on my sheets, there are at about 40 something bugs that
> are duplicates, but that doesn't diminish the real problem: we have
> more bugs than ever, and I haven't seen many fixes since we tagged
> beta :(

Quality is imho a bigger problem. :/
But yeah, more fixes are always a good thing.
--
Darkerradio Free Music Charts April 2010:
http://www.darkerradio.com/news/free-music-charts-april-2010/