bittorrent support

Nanno Langstraat langstr at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 10:58:32 CEST 2010

Mark Kretschmann wrote:
>> On 04/26/2010 08:58 AM, Bart Cerneels wrote:
>>
>>> I think this is pretty useless feature creep.
>>>
>> [...]
>>
> [...]
> Some things should be integrated properly (with a BitTorrent library,
> certainly not by calling some binary), or not done at all.

 virt   res  shr
 361m   55m  22m  firefox
1026m  114m  45m  amarok

I don't need Amarok on Commodore 64, but this is getting a bit much, no?

Feature lovers: Your challenge for 2.4, should you choose to accept it,
is to *halve* Amarok's startup memory size and startup time for people
who use few funky features (Wikipedia lookups, Internet sources,
scripts, BitTorrent, etc.)

I suppose that means on-demand 'dlopen()' and 'dlsym()'.

    Cheers,
    Nanno