dorpping files to playlist broken?

Nanno Langstraat langstr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 13:40:24 CEST 2010

Mathias Panzenböck wrote:
> Dropping files from my KDE Desktop into amaroks playlist seems to be broken. When I try to drop a
> file amarok suddenly thinks I started dragging a file of the playlist and changes the mouse pointer
> accordingly, even though the mouse button isn't pressed anymore. I have to press the mouse button
> again to get rid of it, which also causes the playlist item amarok thinks I started to drag to be
> moved to the position of the click.

I've found a way to reproduce your symptom: by dropping a file that
Amarok can't do anything with. (In my case: a .bmp cover art image)

    * Clear the playlist
    * Add some tracks

    * Doubleclick some track to start playing it.
    * Press "cursor down" key: this makes "active track" and "selected
      index" different tracks.

    * Drop a .bmp file somewhere in the playlist.

    * The "selected index" magically becomes the new drag&drop item.

Does that match your case?

    Nanno