Performance: late previous-playlist load

Nanno Langstraat langstr at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 17:23:23 CEST 2010

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen wrote:
> The _right_ solution for this, I think, is to expand on the proxy
> for instance) and use this for loading _all_ types of tracks. What it
> basically does is load an empty proxy track to the playlist, and then
> asynchronously  convert each track to the real one as data becomes
> available.

OK, I have written some code that loads the playlist asynchronously in
small batches after the rest of Amarok has started.

It doesn't fill the playlist with proxy entries beforehand, but such
niceties can be made later based on this code.

I tried to push this to a separate branch in the main git repository,
for people to try it out, but that seems to be disallowed?

I'm pretty comfortable with this change, but probably too risky for 2.3.1?

    Cheers,
    Nanno