Testing infrastructure documentation

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Sun Apr 4 17:05:39 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I wanted to add the requirements for the testing infrastructure to my
git build blog, since all developers should build Amarok with testing
enabled.

I tried to add it and was greeted with a request to install gmock,
which I did, installing it locally. All my env settings and PATH are
already set since I build Amarok locally so this should not cause any
problems.

Now my build fails since it doesn't find -lgmock: "/usr/bin/ld: cannot
find -lgmock" is the exact error message.

Trying to find some additional information for eventual gmock
installation requirements, I fail to find any documentation
whatsoever, nor did a search in this mailing list bring any results.
It really would be nice if those who are able to build Amarok
successfully with -KDE4_BUILD_TESTS=ON could shed some light on how
gmock needs to be installed, configured, what PATH settings need to be
changed, etc. Maybe some documentation could be added to our HACKING/
folder to make this available for new contributors?

All I have found so far is the link to the qtestlib-manual:
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/qtestlib-manual.html, but this doesn't
really help since my problem lays with gmock, and the build
instructions and configuration settings all refer to Google Test which
we do not use IIUC.

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org