RFC: Only place one "add tab" item in the Context View toolbar

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Wed Sep 30 09:46:12 CEST 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 9:00 AM, Nikolaj Hald Nielsen
<nhnfreespirit at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been thinking some more, and I wonder if it would make sense to
> remove the "settings" button completely.
>
> The main point of this was, as far as I could tell, to hide all the
> "+" buttons as they take up a lot of space. If we instead just keep
> the single "+" button visible at all times, have the close buttons
> appear on hover and always allow dragging, I think that would simplify
> things even more as we would get a way from having 2 "states"

Yep, that's definitely an interesting thought, to get rid of the
config mode entirely. Sven had a similar idea that also did away with
modes.

I think we should explore such modeless concepts, though maybe in a
later release (2.2.2), to make the changes less radical between
releases. We could improve it step by step.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer