Amarok 2.2 final tagged - future plans

Maximilian Kossick maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 29 21:55:02 CEST 2009

The synchronization code that I wrote mostly on the last weekend has
successfully figured out that my local collection and magnatune have
12 tracks in common (after I downloaded those tracks from magnatune
and removed the suffix that is). Which means it might work:) Needs
testing though, see below.

Somebody has to design a user interface around it though (not me,
because I don't think that I'm very good at designing those:) )
Currently available syncing modes are Union (ensure that both
collections contain the same tracks) and master/slave (ensure that the
slave contains exactly the same tracks as the master). A one way sync
(i.e. one half of the Union sync mode) should be trivial to implement.
I can write a more complete list of what the framework can currently
do if necessary.

Additionally, I'd like to commit it at some point and implement some
hidden option in the scripting console to use it. I'm on OS X, which
means no Solid support and therefore no way to test it with
mediadevices. And syncing very large collections might be an issue too
because the SQL queries get too complex. But I need some help to track
down the surely existing issues.