[Amarok] Added possibility to stop editing without saving c

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Tue Sep 29 15:46:30 CEST 2009

On 29 Sep 2009, at 05:40, Seb Ruiz wrote:

> 2009/9/29 Valentin Rouet <v.rouet at gmail.com>:
>> 2009/9/29 Seb Ruiz <ruiz at kde.org>
>>>
>>> Hi Valentin,
>>> Do we need to add this extra button here? IIRC, we never had a
>>> "cancel
>>> lyrics edit" button in 1.4, and it was never requested either which
>>> leads me to believe that it really isn't so  necessary. If you
>>> make an
>>> editing mistake, then just refetch the lyrics from the server.
>>
>> I guess it is possible to live without it, but here's a case where
>> refetching is not a good solution : you already have edited your
>> lyrics,
>> then edit them again, and not want to save your new changes. In
>> that case
>> refetching lyrics will just make you lose what you had done before.
>> Also, you may want to edit lyrics when not connected to internet,
>> and then
>> refetching won't work.
>> And last one, as you can cancel when editing lyrics in the edit
>> tags dialog,
>> I think it makes sense to be able to do it as well in the applet.
>> But of course if nobody else feels the need for that button, we
>> could revert
>> my commit
>
> Not necessarily saying it should be reverted, just putting it out
> there to see whether we feel that the feature is going to be value
> add.

I think it boils down to "how much people edit lyrics" vs. 'how much
we want to avoid another button".Personally, I *never* edit lyrics, so
for me that button would just be a waste of space.

But I don't really have a good idea of who uses the lyrics applet in
what way, so i'm not sure.

leo

---
Leo Franchi				(512) 775 5637