RFC: Only place one "add tab" item in the Context View toolbar

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Tue Sep 29 15:06:33 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 2:50 PM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
>> We also had some other ideas for improving it further. Stay tuned :)
>
> Would you mind sharing them here now so we can discuss them?

Not at all :) It's a simple change, but I think it could help:

When I enter the "config" mode of the Context View, I've noticed that
I tend to forget to leave it again. Leaving it currently requires
clicking the "Configure" icon explicitly.

To fix this, we could make it close automatically as soon as you click
any other part of the application. Say, when you click something in
the playlist, the Context View configuration mode would be disabled
automatically. I think that's the behavior that you would tend to
expect. Staying in configuration mode then doesn't really help with
anything, it's just confusing.

PS:
Here is our little TODO list that Sven and I created at OpenExpo. It's
a bit cryptic (written in a hurry), but anyway:

* Toolbar NG: Icon margins
* Iconsize in Browsers should be equal to default album cover size in
playlist (symmetry)
* Context View Applet edit: end edit mode on click into other areas
* status .oga support?
* Statusbar
* Settings: Internet Services -> Search -Services_
* Sometimes background of lyrics applet header is not centered
* No lyrics found: lyrics heading is not updated
* PL sort bar looks "deactivated" (too grey >)
* List of filter categories is too long -> two rows on small screens?
* Crash with Icecast script

DONE:
* Toolbar: mute on middle click on volume icon
* Hide EQ settings compeltely if not supported by Phonon
* Fadeout on track end -> Fadeout on stop

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer