Proposal: A series of time based releases for 2.2.x

Modestas Vainius modestas at vainius.eu
Sun Sep 27 13:12:19 CEST 2009

Hello,

On sekmadienis 27 Rugsėjis 2009 13:46:03 Nikolaj Hald Nielsen wrote:
> Although it has not been discussed in depth yet (as far as I know)
> there has been some talk about how to proceed with releases after
> 2.2.0. Personally I think that feature wise, 2.2.0 has made a huge
> leap form 2.1 and I think it would be very worth it to focus on
> stabilization and polish for a while to come as there are very few
> "must have" features still missing.

I would really welcome this decision. Amarok 2 really needs more investment in
fixing of important bugs (esp. crashes of all kinds or misbehaviour) at the
moment. Overall, it is already pretty nice and I would like to see 2.2.{3,4}
to be truly stable and a good bug-free base for 2.3.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas at vainius.eu>