Reminder: New splash screen for 2.2 :)

Modestas Vainius modestas at vainius.eu
Mon Sep 21 10:07:42 CEST 2009

Hello,

On pirmadienis 21 Rugsėjis 2009 01:19:54 Seb Ruiz wrote:
> > On sekmadienis 20 Rugsėjis 2009 13:30:55 Seb Ruiz wrote:
> >> I've created another potential splash. The image is CC by,no-dev -
> >
> > Nice splash screen, indeed. But this is Attribution-NoDerivs, isn't it
> > ?..
> >
> > So just FYI: I will have to strip and disable it due to this license (the
> > only CC acceptable for Debian is CC-BY-SA 3.0). Sorry about that.
>
> Like I said, the original author has provided permission, so we have
> an exemption to use it as CC-BY.

CC-by version 3.0 (not earlier) is fine. You wasn't clear enough in your first
mail where it seemed like the license remained at CC-BY-NonDerivs. Please put
license and copyright in the amarok source though.

> Is this not good enough?
>
> Why are distros so draconian about these sorts of things?

Because those other CC licenses (excluding CC-by-3.0 and CC-by-SA-3.0) do not
pass open source definition and are potential legal trouble for
redistributors.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas at vainius.eu>