[Amarok] Using mouse wheel anywhere on ToolbarNG now change

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Fri Sep 18 14:49:16 CEST 2009

2009/9/18 Bart Cerneels <bart.cerneels at kde.org>:
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 14:08, Dan Meltzer <parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 4:36 AM, Kevin Funk <krf at gmx.de> wrote:
>>> Friday 18 September 2009, Myriam Schweingruber:
>>>
>>> What?
>>> I think you didnt get my points. I said: "I'd expect this action to seek in
>>> the track rather than controlling the volume."
>>> I dont feel like ranting if you mean this.
>>
>> I tend to agree, the progress bar is a much more important part of the
>> toolbar than the volume.  In older versions, the mouse wheel on any
>> part of the toolbar but the progress slider did change the volume, but
>> there was a lot more white space, and the volume slider was a bit more
>> present.  Here I think it would be logical to expect it to seek
>> instead.
>
> Please no position change unless the cursor is very exactly over the
> progress bar. I have a pretty sensitive scrollwheel and with touchpad
> it's also far to easy to accidently touch the scroll area. While a
> volume change is not very intrusive (unless it's to load) skipping in
> a song certainly is.

I totally agree. How often do you want to seek through a track just a
micro amount to use the wheel that you couldn't do by clicking?
Wheeling to seek is also inconsistent with the wheel volume event over
the systray. The main problem as I see it is that seek events can be
very disturbing the the listening process, whilst small changes in
volume aren't so distruptive.

--
Seb Ruiz

http://www.sebruiz.net/