UPnP functionality plans

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 17:19:46 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Casper van Donderen
<casper.vandonderen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay,
>
> [1] there are again a lot of dependencies (at least for Windows, is
> standard stuff on Linux), this might break on a lot of systems (when
> you want to compile on Win you need Python 2, but what if the person
> has 3, then both need to be in PATH and stuff).

Coherence would be a run-time dep, not a compile-time dep. Really
python is plenty crossplatform, I don't think coherence would be a
problem for windows at all and is probably one of the easiest ways to
have xplatform upnp.

Qt makes it difficult to use glib on any non-X11 platform, so gupnp
loses points there. Really I wish Qt gave the app developer more
control over the event loop being used and made glib available on all
platforms.

Ian