Massif-Profiling Amarok

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 15:04:58 CEST 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 4:20 AM, Alejandro Wainzinger
<aikawarazuni at gmail.com> wrote:
> Will Smoke lower the scripting memory footprint to something more acceptable?

Yes, by a heck of a lot. Thats why I started working on this. They
were talking about how PySide uses a lot of memory due to C++ template
code generation, which reminded me how our generator uses a bunch more
code generation (obviously).

Smoke does stuff entirely different. I'm going to write the QtScript
bindings so that they don't initialize a particular class until you
use a function that uses it or you do something like
include("QWidget"). Betweeen this and the fact that just the codebase
will be a lot smaller (functions take up memory too) it should be an
enormous difference in memory usage.

But its no trivial task.

Ian