Massif-Profiling Amarok

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 10:51:37 CEST 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 3:35 AM, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Ian Monroe <ian.monroe at gmail.com> wrote:
>> A couple of weeks ago I started looking into creating the Qt binding
>> for QtScript using Smoke. I think it could work. I have some prototype
>> code up in my personal gitorious. I should probably keep the PS3 off
>> and get back to work on this. :)
>>
>> I had gotten to the point where I could see it was feasible to do, but
>> could also see that it would be quite a bit of work. Thanks for giving
>> some new incentive. :)
>
> On that note, the Plasma folks approached me at Tokamak 3. They also
> need some form of QtScript bindings for Plasma, so I pointed them to
> the bindings generator.
>
> They are interested in cooperating with the bindings, so maybe we can
> join forces.

That would be cool to enlist more people into this. (Though I'd need
to work more on it to make the code less-prototypesque.)

Do you know what their requirements actually are? If they just want to
create an easy API, that's what QtScript is designed for
out-of-the-box and Smoke would make less sense.

If they're want a comprehensive binding to Plasma, or Plasma + chunks
of Qt, then Smoke makes sense.

Ian