[patch info] Load media through KDE's KIOSlaves

Martin T. Sandsmark sandsmark at samfundet.no
Sat Sep 5 15:39:06 CEST 2009

On Friday 4. September 2009 15:11:14 Ian Monroe wrote:
> Try testing it with Dragon Player first. Can't imagine that anything
> in Dragon Player would cause a problem, but there very well might be
> some issues with the phonon backend.

That's actually an issue/bug in DragonPlayer that I've been looking into. The
simple Phonon example player that Matthias Kretz has written plays media over
KIO just fine (supplying just the remote URL to Phonon, which in turn starts
using the kbytestream stuff in the KDE platform plugin), but DragonPlayer
doesn't. I think I ended up with something to do with the mimetype checking in
Dragon.

I even got that demo player to play from inside tarballs. Pretty neat.

--
martin t. sandsmark