[patch info] Load media through KDE's KIOSlaves

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Fri Sep 4 13:29:53 CEST 2009

2009/9/4 Valerio Pilo <valerio at kmess.org>:
> Hi rockers! I'd like to write a patch for my beloved Amarok to make it
> possible to load media files out of KDE kioslaves (for example, an mp3 may be
> in smb://server/share/music/amarok_theme.mp3).
>
> Is there any reason why this hasn't been implemented before? If none, can you
> point me to where the actual file opening is located in your codebase?

Checkout MainWindow::slotAddLocation()

We really should be using KIO for the transfer, so it should be
transparent. I just checked though, and clearly it doesn't work.
Patches welcome :).

Valerio - create a clone of our Amarok git master then merge a fix in!

> Thanks!
> Sincerely,
> Valerio Pilo
> --
> KMess developer team
> ------
> KMess
> - the Live Messenger alternative for KDE -
> www.kmess.org

Seb Ruiz

http://www.sebruiz.net/
http://amarok.kde.org/