Themes/Skins

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Fri Oct 30 21:26:01 CET 2009

> > The svg file can be edited, and that controls most of the theme.
> > Amarok is fairly styleable already, we just don't advertise it because
> > we don't want to support the results.

Hm ok. Then maybe we'd have to find a way to allow relatively safe
customization. Some themes could be provided by the team (which would then be
supported), and others could be contributed via GHNS. And you don't offer full
support for GHNS-stuff anyway, do you?

I think providing maybe two or three skins (a rather plain default skin that
goes well with the standard KDE look plus maybe two fancy ones, one dark and
one light) packaged directly with Amarok would suffice. Others could be
contributed via GHNS (if at all).

> Thanks Dan for summing this up concisely. One note to all
> contributors: Please try to keep your mails short and to the point.
>
> For a variety of reasons some of us (including me) cannot or do not
> want to read overly long mails. Keep it short and sweet, and
> structured with paragraphs. Thanks :)

Ok, will do. Hope this one is short enough.

Regards,
Thomas