Implementation of the "Custom Tags" Feature

Daniel Dewald Daniel.Dewald at time-shift.de
Thu Oct 29 11:13:46 CET 2009

> I think adding this ui to the existing Track Details dialog is a bad
> idea..  We have discussed this extensively before, though regarding
> last.fm tagging +  local labels.
> Please see http://lists.kde.org/?t=123507023400003&r=1&w=2

So as far as I can tell from this Post the preferred way would be a separate
Context Menu Entry with a separate Dialog to edit/insert custom labels right?

> The way ratings currently works, they can be applied
> to pretty much anything, and I think it would be cool if it was
> possible to add labels to streams, tracks from services and whatnot as
> well.

Its a good idea. The question is whether there is a global id which can be
mapped to every playable item (tracks,streams,services). The url table
provides this function only for tracks afaik? Or am I mistaken here?

>> Any hints on how this table is used in amarok
>> at the moment? because my labels table is empty.

>It is not used at all at the moment.

In that case I will nick it for my purposes. Any plans so far for what it was
going to be used? Or is it really just laying around? In that case I even
wouldn't have to change the layout and could just use it as it is.