Implementation of the "Custom Tags" Feature

Daniel Dewald Daniel.Dewald at time-shift.de
Wed Oct 28 21:45:08 CET 2009

Hi List,

I want to implement the "custom Tags" Feature for Amarok 2.2.x . Basically my
Idea is the following:

- Create a new Table in the Database with the following Scheme:
Custom_Tags(id,Name,Value); Where ID would be a foreign key to the id of the
Tracks table, Name the name of the custom tag and value the value the user
want to give the tag.

- Adding a decent Dialog for editing and displaying the Tags on the Bottom of
the Tag editing Page (Track Details). Data would be joined via the id with the
mysql join statement.

- Adjusting the code for the search and filter function to search for custom
Tags.

- Eventually adjusting the dynamic play-lists features to allow creating
dynamic play-lists depending on custom tags.

Did I miss anything? Are there any special things I have to look out for? Or
is my concept altogether broken? Any thoughts on this would be very help full.
Also if someone wants to help with any part (especially the part with play-
lists and search/filter is scaring me a bit :-P ) it would be very welcome.

Daniel