Concep 0.5, mockup #1

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Tue Oct 27 17:39:05 CET 2009

> > You're free to have your own, differing opinion; just be aware that I for
> one don't share it.
> That's just fair and the good reason for at least some options ;-)
> (Even the Bespin hack allowed you to turn off the animation)
>
> > between 2% and 5%, which is OK, but I've seen 20% or even more on
> > other days. Anyway, since it's mostly a background app, I want it to
> > be lightweight.
> Temporarily? Database updates?
>
> > Go ahead then, submit a patch :-)
> With pleasure, but might i kindly ask again for git push access (of reviwed
> patches of course) because patching, sending patches by mail and then
> running
> into a conflict with your own patch frankly sucks. :-(
> (Maybe I'm just failing git, though - advice is appreciated)

I don't really feel like getting involved technically in this discussion.
But regarding git workflow:

 The easiest thing for both you and us is for you to work in a branch (or
more branches) in your clone of amarok's repo. Then you can keep up to date
by merging/rebasing from the main Amarok repo, while still working away in
your place. You can then submit a merge request automatically (there is a
button in the gitorious interface) which automatically emails us and allows
us to check out the branch and merge it.

See this for more info:

http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Sources/Amarok_Git_Tutorial#Patch_Contributors

leo