Concep 0.5, mockup #1

Kuba Serafinowski zizzfizzix at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 18:42:06 CET 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 18:21, Myriam Schweingruber <
schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch> wrote:

> Hi Kuba,
>
> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 17:44, Kuba Serafinowski <zizzfizzix at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 17:36, Thomas Lübking <thomas.luebking at web.de>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> I worried about the same (though for the clear button only) :-\
> >>
> >> Well, as there's some space below the playlist guranteed in this setup
> >> (the
> >> filter) one /could/ have the "slide out" of the playlist* on hover ...
> iff
> >> can convince you of a more dynamic UI ;-)
> >
> > Have you found already someone not for more dynamic UI? (Sorry if it was
> > brought up somewhere, I wasn't able to keep up with all that UI-related
> > emails ;-) )
> > I'm all for some nice animations, especially if they make our life easier
> > and considering Qt 4.6 it's about time I think :-)
>
> Which would only be doable the day *all* distros ship Qt 4.6. Just
> remember that Amarok needs to run on all distros and all platforms, so
> animations based on Qt 4.6 are certainly not for now.

Yeah you've got the point here, of course that's main reason we can't relay
on 4.6 yet (especially if it's not released even)

> I would speak against animations by default anyway, since this is most
> of the time more disturbing than anything else.  It doesn't really
> enhance usability IMHO, but lets leave that to the real experts. I
> wouldn't mind as options, but in a sane amount, since too much bling
> kills the app.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear but sanity first of course, and then some
animations if it would really make usability better and consist with GUI
nicely.

Just a little request, please don't strike out that possibility Folks :-)