I need *your* benchmarking help!

Aran Cox arancox at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 03:23:56 CET 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 9:37 PM, Jeff Mitchell <mitchell at kde.org> wrote:

> 1) Update master and build. Open Amarok and run two full rescans
> (Settings->Collection->Fully Rescan Collection). So click, let it run
> until the progress bar reaches 100%, then click again. The second time,
> time it with a stopwatch or some such thing. (The reason it's done twice
> is so that the effects of disk caching can be reasonably ignored between
> this version and the new one.)

Timing with a stopwatch is pretty tough considering how long it takes
for a scan on my system.  I'd have to sit and stare at the screen for
quite a while!  It would be easier for me if there was a debug
statement that showed the elapsed time, or two debug statements (at
the start and finish, obviously) that just print time() so I can
subtract the two.  I'll look at adding something if you don't :)

Cheers and thanks for the work!