About Amarok's interface design (follow up)

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Sat Oct 24 15:50:23 CEST 2009

Am Saturday 24 October 2009 schrieb Dan Meltzer:
> On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 9:14 AM, Thomas Lübking <thomas.luebking at web.de>
wrote:
> > Am Saturday 24 October 2009 schrieb John Wilson:
> >> Very, very nice ideas... Maybe instead of a crossfade, the next track
> >> could slide over to the left,
> >
> > No, I meant: "The various fields of the current track taginfo crossfade"
> > Title -> Artist -> Album -> Length
> >
> > And actually yes: =D
> > For switching tracks I head a hoverglow and slide animation in mind (I
> > cries for that ;-)
>
> The 1990's called.  They want their <blink> tag back as well.
>
> Now please, can we stop wasting time and try to find something useful?

a) crossfading does no way have the visual impact of <blink> (especially as
"still >> transition" and "blank == 0"

b) Stacking information in time to spare space is not quite the same as

Yohoo I am here

Yohoo I am here

Yohoo I am here

Yohoo I am here

neither in intention nor in justification.

c) providing an animated transition between states (i.e. the sliding the next
track in track) assists as feedback (you just clicked and something happend)
and orientation (to follow changes).