Buttons, was: About Amarok's interface design (follow up)

Simon ESNEAULT simon.esneault at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 13:35:20 CEST 2009

+1 for the buttons_proposal1.png
good compromise, big play and pause button make sense, round but not too
much, not symetric (which is good) and the background links them together
nicely

Simon

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 20:53, Mathias Kraus <k.hias at gmx.de> wrote:

> Leo Franchi schrieb am Freitag 23 Oktober 2009:
> > The problem I have with these buttons is that we're not a spaceship. Even
> in
> > that mockup, which is already pretty far out there in terms of visual
> > branding, the control buttons stick out  when i'm looking at even a small
> > screenshot. The harsh corners/ends of the buttons look much more
> "stylized"
> > than the rest of the interface---more of a fun toy than a desktop
> > application.
>
> I'm only a user, not a amarok developer, but I have to agree. They look
> nice
> but out of place with the current amarok style. I think the main problem
> with
> the buttons is that they are round and stand out too much. It would look
> much
> better if they were integrated into a common background. Have a look at my
> mockups.
> More boring than the other ones, but I think there would be less people who
> don't like it.
>
> Regards,
> Mathias

Simon Esneault
Laboratoire Traitement du Signal et de l'Image, (LTSI, UMR-INSERM 642)
Université de Rennes I, Campus de Beaulieu,
35042 Rennes Cedex, France.
Tel : +33 (0)6 64 61 30 94
Mail : simon.esneault at univ-rennes1.fr