Buttons, was: About Amarok's interface design (follow up)

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Thu Oct 22 19:01:36 CEST 2009

Am Thursday 22 October 2009 schrieb Valentin Rouet:
> Le jeudi 22 octobre 2009 18:13:17, Nikolaj Hald Nielsen a écrit :
> > I like the "softer" version of these.
>
> I do too, I just see something a bit disturbing (at least for me) : the
>  round stop button. I think it should rather be a rounded square, people
>  are used to a square for "stop" and a circle for "record" (obviously it
>  can't mean record anyway in Amarok as it is a player, but still).
Was intended to be a ring rather than a circle.

The problem with rects is that they end up being pretty "heavy" and in this
case break the the horizontal shape flow (so did the pause button in
buttons3.png ...)

Attached is a modification with a rectagular (and shrinked!) stop button and
an altered pause button (more towards the one in the first shot) to preserve
the visual pause/stop separation.
The second shot uses a diamond rather than a square.