About Amarok's interface design (follow up)

Lee Olson leetolson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 09:31:24 CEST 2009

Attached are a few mockups exploring some different ideas to improve the
overall look. I tried to keep most elements quite similar to what is
currently available.

These 3 mockups demonstrate the idea of using a simple gradient background
image with a simple gradient design (stripes in this case), layered on top
of the background.

The gradient background is colored, which results in a different appearance
throughout. Depending on the background color, the text color is set as
either black or white (white on darker bakground, black on lighter
background).

By carefully setting the transparency on Media Sources, Playlist, and
Context, only modification of text color needed to be made when changing
background colors.

When looking at the 'gray' screenshot, you will notice a different Applets
navigation. This allows selection of a specific applet, similar to what is
currently available in the context toolbar. You'll also notice the ' + ' and
' X ' buttons, those are for adding / removing applets.

The 'bluegray' and 'blackgray' screenshots show the use of different colored
backgrounds.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions. Thanks!

- Lee