Huge performance issues with several tracks in playlist at startup

Casey Link unnamedrambler at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 22:20:41 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 6:44 PM, Kevin Funk <krf at gmx.de> wrote:
>> I've seen this before - it happens because no loaded collection is
>> saying "hey! that's my track" (trackForUrl), and hence we fall back to
>> Meta::FileTrack, which causes a cue sheet lookup and a disk based read
>> of the metadata.
>
> So is this really needed? If not it shouldnt look up cue sheets...

Well.. it should look up cue sheets, because if a track has them and
the cue markers don't show up CUE users will be upset. However, the
lookup shouldn't lock the GUI.

Probably, the lookup should be made asynchronous.. not to mention
there is probably lots of room for optimization in the cue sheet
lookup.

Casey