About Amarok's interface design (follow up)

Kevin Funk krf at gmx.de
Sat Oct 17 16:47:05 CEST 2009

Hey folks,

I really like the progress we're making wrt the toolbar, but I still think
there's a major "bug" with our grey background.

As we're about to change our main toolbar to a new one and other visual
changes got in, I thought it's time to bring up the discussion (again).
Please, have a look at my screenshot [1] and/or try out my little diff to
achieve the same thing in your local checkout.

We didnt really had a consensus on that issue last time, too many opinions
came up. However, this time it's all about that depressing background color,
nothing else. Amarok still looks a bit like an 3rd party app to me (apart from
KDE) when looking at it.

Please have a closer look... You may not like it in the first place because
you're used to the current scheme.

PS: I didn't commit anything because I thought that may affront some people.

--
Kevin Funk

[1] http://users.electrostorm.net/~krf/files/image/amarok-
defaultbackground.png