Amarok UI analysis, proposal - link inside

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Thu Oct 8 18:09:36 CEST 2009

Am Thursday 08 October 2009 schrieb Valentin Rouet:
> Le jeudi 08 octobre 2009 12:06:33, Seb Ruiz a écrit :
> > I like the symmetrical toolbar, I am violently against having split
> >  controls.
>
> +1, a symmetrical toolbar would be great, but spliting controls is
>  definitely not user friendly
*ggg* i just wanted to have put this option onto the table.

so we'll have to* go for vertical stacking and i repromote horizontal
contraction in order to gain vertical space.
a skecth on how this could work out on the default layout can be found here
http://cloudcity.sourceforge.net/amarok/amarok.def.mid.png

Thomas

*yet another way could be a more 4d approach that would allow us to bring the
position slider XOR the controls to "front" dynamically (but what also implies
to detect what teh user currently wants)