Automatic Script Updater

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Thu Oct 8 15:16:30 CEST 2009

On Thursday 08 October 2009 05:32:15 Sven Krohlas wrote:
> Heya,
>
> As I see it we have two upgrade mechanisms there:
> 1.) one for the application itself and
> 2.) one for (third party) extensions.
>
> 1.) should be done with package management, if available. if not: we need
>  to do it ourselves.
> 2.) is stuff that sould work the same way on all platforms using Jakobs
>     implementation

I don't think third-party scripts should be a part of this system. Who signs
them off? By definition not us, as they are 3rd-party. We can't be the gateway
for all 3rd-party script updates. But we don't want to allow random developers
to inject code in amarok ad-hoc.

leo

--
Leo Franchi                             (512) 775 5637
Tufts University 2010

lfranchi at kde.org
leonardo.franchi at tufts.edu