Linker Problems with Git master

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 01:05:51 CEST 2009

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 6:02 AM, Kolja Dummann <k.dummann at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I have some Problems with the Git master, some days ago (I think 4 or 5)
> it runs without any Problems. Yesterday I  pulled from Git and now I'm
> getting a runtime error, compiling and linking works fine but if I start
> amaroK I'm getting:
>
> amarok: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libamaroklib.so.1: undefined
> symbol: _ZTIN6TagLib3MP44FileE

Symbol look up error's always mean your trying to link together
something built from a older version to something newer. So it means
you have some old files, or the libraries used at compile time aren't
the ones used at runtime or somthing like that.

Make sure you have only one version of taglib and taglib-extras installed.

Ian