[Amarok] Add enqueue/dequeue shortcuts. BUG: 187542

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Sat Oct 3 12:36:23 CEST 2009

2009/10/2 Nikolaj Hald Nielsen <nhnfreespirit at gmail.com>:
>> In general, I agree with you. But there's still some usecase where it's
>> useful. If you select multiple tracks and like to enqueue all, where some of
>> the tracks are already queued, you need to have two shortcuts.
>> But maybe thats a bit over the top.
>
> I think that is a bit of a far fetched use case for having 2 separate shortcuts.
>
> Actually, I just checked, and that behavior is not even well defined
> if using the context menu if you have a selection of tracks where some
> a queued. The action will always depend on the actual track you are
> right clicking on.

Yes this is intentional.

Why? Well, the following reasons:
a) consistent with Amarok 1.4
b) the model supports queuing the same track more than once, however
the UI does not. Adding a keyboard shortcut to override this will
complicate and severely confuse users because certain queue positions
will be silently skipped. Imagine an internal queue model with the
following rows: [3, 4, 3, 3, 5]. The playlist will show queue marker
positions 1, 2, and 5 (positions 3 & 4) are silently skipped as they
are already being shown for position one)

So, can we please make the required changes as I detailed earlier?

--
Seb Ruiz

http://www.sebruiz.net/
http://amarok.kde.org/